Electronic Music other: Im coming to EUROPE!
Written October 17 2008 , Tags: europe: me, in, yo, hood
so, im coming halfway round the globe to europe (from the antipodes)
will be there for most of november... yay! if only i get my essays all handed in before i leave...
- my main plan is to walk around the cities all day and just soak up the 'real' life that is going on around me
- check out museums galleries buildings etc.
- ride around on some decent public transport (which is vitally lacking here in new zealand)
- going to do the tunnels tours in berlin, find my way into disused tube stations in london, check out the underground galleries/cafes in prague (i LOVE being underground!)
- catch some mnml in berlin, smoke some green in amsterdam
BUT i would like some input... what would be YOUR favourite thing to do in these places? the super secret only a person who has lived there all their lives would know about
ALSO... anybody want to let me sleep on their couches in prague/berlin/amsterdam?
rad. i don't live in berlin, but i'll be in the area same time you are!
awesome! in berlin?
we could play a show!
i wont be bringing my laptop but its only audiomulch + my loops + patches so if i could borrow some megahertz i could do some dubstep/droney stuff
(i dont promise its any good though!)
oh oh oh we can go to a mnml club!
off course we'll go to a mnmmnmnmnmml club
- Go to primrose hill, climb to the top and check out probably the best view of the city there is, bar none.
- Head over to Hackney Wick n stroll the canals around there, theres lots of cool natural beauty, old stuff, burned out cars & swanky flatblocks filled with investment wankers with their heads in their hands.
- Old St probably has the best pick of bars n clubs (although there are a LOT of dicks), check link for listings.
- During daytime, midweek (NOT weekend), get down to the southbank and dig on the brutal architecture and kickass river views. Hayward gallery is there too and they often have excellent exhibitions on.
- Log onto link.uk and make links with some of the people on there, they'll get you into the tunnels and other awesome underground shit around town. (up some cranes too if you got the bottle for it).
- Clubs, clubs, clubs. Berlin has the best clubs in the whole world. Seriously, I hardly bother going out in London, much better to save money and go Berlin instead. Berghain is probably not only the finest club but one of the coolest buildings in existence. Make sure its a saturday night so you get the full venue , not just Panoramabar. Other brillaint venues there - Watergate, Bar 25, Tresor.
- Theres lots of wicked shit going on in Berlin outside of clubland though too.. fuck man, just get a train to Ostbahnhof and wander about, you'll be constantly bumping into wicked shit. Trust me, this city is the most vibrant place I've ever been in my life. Its SO exciting at the moment.
so why aren't you coming to Scotland!? There's plenty of sleeping space, clubs and things to see oop 'ere
thanks so much ekstrak!
thats exactly what i was after
lol investment wankers with head in their hands
im looking forward to checking out the banking area and laughing at their misery
unknownforce: i had been intending to come to edinburgh to attend a wedding but had to put the trip back a month (october to november)
due to university commitments =(
the heightened possibility of snow in berlin and amsterdam is worth it though!
Go to the coffeeshop "de dampkring". A fairytale of a coffeeshop with fine weed and hasj. have fun
have google+googlemapped it and will check it out!
Signup to comment